Speakeasies were prohibition’s worst-kept secrets. One decade on, you could say Father’s Office ® meets that criteria.
Walk down Little Lonsdale St and find a set of doors with the 18th Amendment on entry. Walk up the ‘old oak’ stairs and you are transformed into an old world version of the 1920’s prohibition era with some twists to create a truly authentic experience.
Vintage pieces line the establishment, including an original Swanston Street sign. The spectacular view of the State Library sets the scene to chill on the large wrap-around balcony and a signature cocktail; the opulent space with tin ceilings, art deco inspired wall sconces and decanter lighting. The custom-made copper beer & cocktail taps over the industrial-style bar, period mosaics and gangster wall encapsulate the era of underground speakeasy bars.
The food menu comprises Americana a la carte and food from the bar with high quality local produce and premium meat cuts and the combinations of quality food & drink offers are worth the visit. We cater for big groups as well as small. DJ’s and themed nights complement the experience. Come celebrate with us in the good times and the bad.
FOXTEL “I LOVE FOOD” AWARDS
– Winner “Best Bistro/Pub Food” 2014
AHA VIC AWARDS
– Winner “Best Theme Bar” 2013/14
– Finalist “Outstanding Community Service & Achievement” 2014
– Finalist “Best Restaurant (Metropolitan)” 2014
– Finalist “Outstanding Achievement in Training” 2014
– Finalist “Excellence in Service (FOH) Marcus Lorenzo” 2014
– Finalist “Bar Team of the Year” 2014
Video courtesy of the The Restaurant Network